Sometime back we did comparison on Samsung Galaxy SII vs Apple iPhone4 in India. Now it’s time for the tablet race. How does Samsuntg Galaxy Tab 750 compares to Apple’s iPad2?
Galaxy Tab Screen size is 10.1 inch(1024×768 resolution) compared to iPad2’s 10 inch screen(1280×800). Samsung is slightly ahead in resolution and opting for Widescreen format which enables better movie viewing.
Both have comparable weight ans size. Samsung is slightly lighter than iPad.
Galaxy’s Honeycomb(Android 3.0) is new and not as polished as Apple’s iOS. Next month Apple is coming up with iOS5 which integrated cloud support. This will put Android far behind. Unlike the mobile apps for android, we have very little support for Apps optimized for Tablets. iPad has several mature apps custom built for it.
iPad2’s smart cover is a big +
Both have ~10hours battery life. But Apple have good reputation on battery.
32GB iPad2 with 3G costs Rs40000/- in Indian market. Samsung costs 36000 for similar configuration.
The slight price advantage is not enough to topple iPad2 in Tablet market! If 32GB Samsung with 3G is priced ~30K, we may consider it.
iPhone4 and Samsung Galaxy SII were recently(May/June 2011) launched in India . Now, which one would you prefer to buy Apple iPhone4 or SGSII?
- iPhone 4 build quality and looks are better than Samsung’s all-plastic SGS2. Personal preference matters here
- iPhone 4 is more compact than SGSII. SGS2 may not be suitable for people with small hands. But you get large viewing space in SGS. Perdonal preference matters here too.
- iPhone has awesome retina display with screen resolution of “960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi”(which is better than qHD resolution of 960×540) against Samsung’s WVGA(800-by-480) in Super AMOLED-plus display. SGS2 display seems to have infinite contrast ratio with impenetrable black. It’s hard to choose either one of them.
- iPhone has single core A4 processor against Samsung’s dual core.
- SGSII can record and play 1080p FullHD Video against iphone’s 720p recording. Samsung wins here
- SGS2 has 8Mega pixel camera. iPhone 4 only 5MP. Samsung wins in image quality too
- Coming to Indian language support like Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam & Bengali iOS4 of iPhone wins as it has native UNICODE support for these languages. Android yet start development in this front. Huge win for iPhone4 if you consume local language content more.
- Apples iTunes store has more apps than Android. But android is catching with Appstore very fast.
- Price of Samsung Galaxy s 2 is close to Rs31000/-. Iphone 4 base model 16GB is Rs35000+ must have 2 years contact with Airtel or Aircel plans which is approximately Rs500-600 per month. This increases the total cost of ownership of iPhone 4 India to Rs50000/- or more. But these phone companies advertises as if they are giving the iPhone for free!!!
So what’s your choice Samsung or Apple?
iPad 2 is getting officially launched on April 29,2009 in India.
But iPad2 is sale on some sites like HomeShop18. But the warranty offered there may not be accepted by apple as they didn’t launch the product in India before aprlir 29th. Also the price quoted in HomeShop is also high : at least Rs5000/- higher than the prices expected in Apple stores.
Following are the expected price of Official iPad2:
iPad2 Wifi only 16GB : Rs 29500/-
iPad2 Wifi only 32GB : Rs 34500/-
iPad2 Wifi only 64GB : Rs 39500/-
iPad2 Wifi+3G only 16GB : Rs 36900/-
iPad2 Wifi+3G only 32GB : Rs 41900/-
iPad2 Wifi+3G only 64GB : Rs 46900/-
Locate your nearest Apple retailer ( Like Reliance Digital/Chrome) using : Apple Retailers Search for India
Nokia has launched Nokia N8 touchscreen smart phone with Symbion 3 OS, HD Video recording and back in the race of Touchscreen smart phone. With iPhone 4 not yet launched in India it has good edge over competition. It’s also cheaper than iPhone 4. Also has 27000+ apps in Nokia Ovi store.
Following is the comparison of the full featured Touchscreen smartphones: Nokia N8, iPhone 4, Blackberry Torch 9800 and. Samsung Galaxy. This covers Camera , In built memory, Talk time, OS , screen size, number of apps, Indian availability and price.
Country’s largest telecom service provider Bharti Airtel on Monday revealed its plans to launch iPhone 4, the latest product from Apple Computers‘s stable, by October.
Price is expected to be around Rs 45000/- for 16GB model
Airtel already sells iPhone 3GS in India priced at Rs 35,500 for the 16GB model and Rs 41,500 for the 32GB model.